A Bit About Me

I was blessed with creative parents. My mother is an oil painter, and my father can make just about anything. There were always plenty of art supplies, tools and materials available for me to explore.

Over the years, I’ve worked with a variety of media like photography, beading, bookbinding, painting, pottery and collage. While I enjoyed all of these, I kept looking for the one creative outlet that would hold my attention. When I discovered Precious Metal Clay (PMC), I was fascinated. I took my first class and immediately became hooked making beautiful fine silver jewelry from this wonder clay. A year later I took a PMC certification class and started teaching at The Bead Shop in Palo Alto, CA in 2007. I had such a great time meeting other creative people and sharing the wonders of working with Precious Metal Clay. When the Bead Shop closed, I decided to open up my home studio for instruction.

I am currently working on mixed metal jewelry. I love etching copper and using cold connections like riveting to attach to either sterling silver or fine silver components. I recently started fusing gold onto silver with Keum Boo and Aura 22 is also a new adventure for me.